Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

"I know I am not a perfect mother, but my love for my children is perfect" - Marie Osmond

Why am I quoting Marie Osmond you wonder? Well, I fell asleep on the couch with Sam with the TV on (again) and I woke up to see her interviewed on ET - and I thought this quote was so perfect.

I have been so bad with updates and pictures lately, but let me tell you, life feels so busy these days. By the weekends our house is a totally disgusting disaster, but there are just not the hours in the day to keep up with it all! Especially since Sam has taken to screaming for an hour every evening and needing one of us to pace him for a while before falling asleep. = (

So Gavin has been saying some funny things lately, but do you think I can remember them all now? A good one was the other day when he asked me what my name was. I said "mommy", and he said "No, your other name. It's Bridie. And Daddy is Chad. And we live in Johnston Commons" !! Boy, do those ears pick up everything these days. On the other hand, his sassy attitude has me thinking we are skipping 5 and going straight for 13. Whenever we try to tell him anything he says "I know that!" Man, is it ever irritating, but I know it's just the beginning!

Sam, other than his crying spells, is doing great! Yesterday during his tummy time, he was starting to get his chest off the ground. He is also quite the conversationalist. I swear he says "hi" back to me. Also, when I say "I love you" over and over, he replies back with something ending in an "ooo" sound. He's definitely trying to mimic our sounds, and it is just the cutest thing. I love it, but also hate that he is going to be off and running before we know it.

This weekend was another t-ball game, and thanks to everyone that has been coming out to support Gavin. He (of course) loves the attention, and was a real show-boater this weekend. He would even slide into home base when he was just running up to bat! The funniest was when he would start his slide into home when he was only about halfway between 3rd and home plate!! He also thinks he's responsible for covering every inch of the field, we need to work on not fighting his own team mates for the ball. Soccer may be pretty interesting this fall = )

Gavin and I also went to his Kindergarten visit last week. I was pretty surprised to see that he seemed a tad bit intimidated, which is unusual for him. He will be about the youngest one in his class. It's amazing to think he shouldn't even be going to school this year if we went by his original due date. But he seems to be ready enough, so we'll see how it goes!

No comments: