Friday, August 27, 2004


This is the day that I made my appearance! It was very exciting...there were so many people there to greet me! I came out screaming with my eyes wide open, so Mom and Dad knew right away I was a little fighter. They even got to hold my hands when I was trying to pull the intubation tube out of my throat! Then Dad came with my to the NICU while they got me all set up in my room - 217 in Blank Children's Hospital. My lungs were pretty good because Mom got steroid shots while she was in the hospital....I only had to be on the ventilator for 6 hours, that really impressed the doctors! Mom and Dad visited me several times that day....Mom even got to change my diaper! I was 2 pounds, 5 ounces and 14 1/2 inches long when I was born. They put me on a warmer bed under a little tent that kept the humidity high, since my skin was very thin. I had a little eye mask on because of the bili rubin lights that kept me from getting jaundiced. Even though I was SO little and early (27 weeks) the doctors knew I would be ok, they even predicted I could be out within 2 months! Any time before my due date (November 26th) would be great!

No comments: