Thursday, February 16, 2012

Gav - Behavior - Updates

Well, I'm happy to say that things seem to be a little better in the behavior department lately. Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint what has changed. Maybe it's just that he has bad mood streaks (as we all do).

But here's the thing. I am a control freak. I want to know the cause so that I can control the outcome.


We've been a little crazy lately, so the 1:1 evening time hasn't been happening, unless you count homework.


I've been trying to do vitamins consistently, but he was at Grandma Betsy's for the weekend, so didn't get them there, and I only seem to remember about every other night.


Snack time at school has started - this may be the key, as we know for sure that being hungry makes him super grumpy, which causes him to resist food when we tell him he needs one - vicious cycle.


Went to the chiro last Friday. While I didn't see a behavior/focus improvement after the first visit (he told me to pay attention - but things got worse) - there were a lot of other factors that could have been interfering. I'm not ready to say that it helps behavior, not ready to rule it out.


He's been sleeping pretty darn well. And we have been pushing drinking water.


Tomorrow we are celebrating Sam's birthday (3 weeks late, I know) at the water park hotel down the street from us with a few other friends. He is excited to be reunited with "KK" his little girlfriend that we nanny shared with and he hasn't seen for about 6 months. These two were inseparable and he still talks about her all the time.


I have lots of pictures to upload. Some day.


In two weeks I am taking the boys to Galena to meet my cousin and her boys for a ski weekend. It's Sam's first time skiing and I am super excited/terrified. They don't do lessons for 3 yr olds, so I bought a harness (and a helmet!) for him.


I just realized that I-9 sports league has a soccer team for 3 yr olds. YIPPEEEEEE! At first Sam said he didn't want to do it, then he decided he did and he is pretty excited.


So this spring Chad & I are coaching the youth track team, Gav is doing soccer, baseball, and track, and Sam is doing soccer. I haven't figure out how I can be at three places at once yet, but I'll let you know!

No comments: