Wednesday, December 10, 2008

First Bump in the Road

I flunked the glucose test yesterday, so I have to go back on the 22nd and take a 3 hour test. I can't eat for 12 hours, then drink 100 grams of super sugary liquid and have my blood drawn three times.

Not too worried as I know 3 out of 3 people who failed the first one and were fine. This test looks at how fast your body metabolizes blood sugar, and is a test for gestational diabetes. Of the 7 or so risk factors, the only one I have is that I am over 25! So I am not stressing about it, just irritated because I know the 22nd is not going to be a fun day. I don't even know if I can go that long without eating without passing out!

I actually have a detailed ultrasound with the high risk doctors tomorrow to check on the growth of the baby, so I will mention it to them as well.

No comments: