Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sam's Pout

So Sam has learned to work the lower lip. Gavin never did that much, but Sam has learned how much power one tiny little lip wields. At the slightest affront he pushes it out SO far, your heart just melts. Last night I handed him off to Chad so that I could make dinner (french toast, nutella and strawberries...bad for the hips, but OH SO good for the soul).

But I digress, as I walked away (I totally missed the look), I guess Sam's eyes watched me wander off and that lip inched it's way out into the biggest pout. Is he ever the sweetest baby. He always welcomes me with the BEST smiles when he wakes up and sees me, or I pick him up. I will enjoy it while it lasts!

Gavin's teacher is so good at giving me updates, her grandson was a 27 week preemie as well, and I guess he did have some developmental delays, so she always wants to assure me how well Gavin is doing. They are starting math (I know - MATH at 4!) and he is just picking it right up. The thing she has noticed, which I have noticed as well, is that he is such a perfectionist, that it actually hurts his confidence. He's so afraid of getting something wrong that he's apprehensive to even try. I don't know where he gets that - well, I do, as he has perfectionist parents. But we've never expected him to be perfect, or have been hard on him about that stuff. I'm afraid it's going to be a hurdle at school, he's certainly bright enough. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

We have just 2 baseball games left in the season - this weekend and and 30th. Gavin loves the attention so all are welcome to come.

No comments: