Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sam, Sinuses, Soccer and Starting School

Let's start with Sam - last week we had his 18 month check up (late because someone was behind in appt setting). He weighed in at 26 lb, 6 oz and 33 1/4 inches tall, 54% and 80% respectively. So he continues to be my tall and skinny little man. Everything checked out well, but because his 12 month shots were delayed due to him being sick at the time, we couldn't get his Hep A vaccine for 6 months, and we were just shy of it. He will also get his blood drawn to re check for anemia when we come back for the shots.

The last couple days his sinuses have flared up, and neither Claritin nor Benadryl have done much good. Today Brenda thought he was complaining of ear pain so I ran him in to the Dr. His ears actually looked good, but he thought the sinus stuff was bad enough and had gone on long enough that it was no longer just allergies, but a sinus infection. So we are starting an antibiotic and we've got a new med for allergies (Zyrtec).

Soccer has started! I love soccer. I'm sitting at our second practice of the season as we speak (thank goodness for Wifi and multitasking!). They had a scrimmage game last week. I always think it's so funny Gavin complains about soccer and then gets out there and kills it and has a great time. He probably scored 5 or more goals, and more importantly had a bunch of fun. Our next game is this Saturday at 8:45. I have started an online calendar - if you would like access to it so that you can see our schedule, please email me and I will send it to you. Sometimes games will conflict, so also email/call if you are unsure as to which game we will attend.

School started on Monday and Gavin is officially a big first grader. He's riding the bus this year and so far it is going well. He loves it and thinks it is so much more fun than KTC. He has had a bit of an attitude in the evenings, but he has a rough time when life changes, so hopefully he will get accustomed in another week or so. He seems to like school so far and has even made a new friend that rides the bus, is in his class, and lives on our street "in the blue house".

I did get pictures and will get them posted when I get a chance.

I am attending my first school PTO meeting tonight. Very "soccer mom" of me, don't you think?

Football practices should be starting soon, and games start mid September. We will know more after the coaches meeting this week.

No comments: