Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week in Review

Gavin finished up the reading and math summer review course. He loves learning, he was happier to go on the days they had class than he is on the field trip days. That's my boy! He's such a charmer, ever since the "Momee yor the best" note that earned him lots of love and praise, I'm hearing "you're the best mommy ever!" at least once a day. Of course I'm also hearing a lot of "you're mean" since he's been a little extra naughty lately and we've been saying "no" a lot, and taking away priveleges. But I'm telling you, he is going to have a gift with the ladies. The other day he looked at me and said "Mom! Look at your skinny tummy!" Smart, smart boy, he is!

Sam gave us a run for our money. We're in the process of getting rid of the bottle and it's been a pretty successful venture during the day. He still needs it before bedtime and if (who am I kidding?) when he wakes at night. Not surprising given he's neither a pacifier or thumb sucking kid. We got down to the bottom of the stomach issues that have lingered since the flu (we hope) and are back to completely dairy free for him. Which is so sad when he asks for his baby yogurt every hour, standing at the fridge. (Yo-Baby yogurt has pics of babies on the containers. He's obsessed with babies). He doesn't tolerate soy well in any significant amount, so the soy yogurt is out as well. But his diapers cleared up really quickly a day after we stopped dairy, so I'm comfortable that was the culprit. He had two nights of the worst night terrors I have ever seen. In exchanging emails with his Dr, he suggested an EEG, which sent me into a panicked tailspin. But after getting some feedback from fellow preemie moms and googling night terrors a bit, I'm confident that this was probably all it was. Between the bottle going away, the stomach issues, and becoming aware of when he needs to/has gone in his diaper, it was kind of the perfect storm for sleep issues. Saturday night he didn't do it, and so far so good tonight. Early Access came and told us how great he's doing, which I am always happy to hear. His 18 mo check up isn't til mid August b/c someone is not staying on top of Dr's appts like she should.

I've started to hit my stride at work, and am really enjoying it! I don't miss my commute at all but I do miss my friends :(

Chad's also been super busy lately, but we've been managing to spend dinner together every night and some play time in on the weekends. This weekend the boys and I took Great-Grandma Lois to brunch, and this afternoon we all played out in the backyard.

I think that's all, I still have pictures from the farm trip to download and post, in the meantime check back for random other photos that I am just getting around to posting :)

No comments: