Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sam Sellers, 2 yr old

Happy Birthday my sweet Samson!

How did our family ever seem complete without you? You are constant entertainment to all, and best friend to Gavin. Too bad we can't say the same for the cat, whom you like to constantly terrorize.

I can't believe you are only two. As your beloved Grandpa Dan said the other day "he's the oldest two year old I know". Thanks to having such a great older brother, who has always taken the time to talk to you and engage you - on his level - you have developed so quickly. Sometimes too quickly, because my sweet little baby is quickly slipping away.

If there is one phrase to describe you - it's that you live life irreverently, I suppose as only 2 yr olds can, but you do it to the extreme! You are such a paradox. You have the best manners (please and thank you's), you love to have your hands and face cleaned, pick up your toys and love throwing away any piece of litter you find laying around the house. You also love pulling your brother's hair (or hitting him, or kicking him) for no reason, other than fun, and when you aren't the center of attention you are likely to grab whatever is in his hands and throw it over the stair rail.

You do all of the above with such glee, it's quite impossible not to smile (even for your brother). You are horribly unempathetic, and when we try to employ a time out you sit and put on an act of crying, peeking out at us from behind your hands, and bring the show to a halt when you realize we aren't buying it. When your sentence is over you hop up excitedly, giving the party you offended and quick (completely unapologetic) "sorry!" and requisite hug and kiss and go on your way.

You are crazy obsessed with sports. Basketball obsession has moved on to baseball, and you always love cheering on your brother at soccer games. I can't believe it's another 2 years before we can sign you up! (sigh)  You also love to run races around the living room, and your endurance amazes me - those legs get quite a workout!

You are equally obsessed with babies. You are so sweet to your baby cousin, and befriend any baby that comes in the near vicinity of you when we are out in public.

You love to accessorize. Hats and sunglasses are a favorite.

You can speak full sentences and communicate anything you want. You know all your shapes and colors, but sometimes pretend you don't, just to mess with me.

You are a wonderful eater, and I hope that never changes. You eat all the weird vegetarian food that I make and appreciate my Vita-Mix shakes as well.

You fiercely love your family. You make everyone feel so special and loved, and your special attention to your great-grandma Lois is something I know she treasures. You could spend hours looking through old photo albums and pointing out everyone by name, and I especially love how you know "Grandpa Joe" even though you've never met him.

But what I love most about you is that hiding within this crazy, rough and tumble, naughty, exuberant, carefree boy, is a little guy that needs his mommy and his bottle at the end of the day. I love when it's time to "snuggle mommy", and that even once you're asleep you still sense when I'm trying to move you off of me, and bury yourself harder against my chest.

We love you so much our big (91% height, 72% weight) man!

Here are some pictures of studly/quirky Sam:







No comments: