Tuesday, May 17, 2011

General Updates

TANTRUMS

Oh boy......Sam is seriously in the middle of the terrible two's. He is so asserting his independence. He's usually the most easy going cooperative guy. BUT. When he makes up his mind to not do something (change his pants) he is the most defiant child ever. And then when we do it anyway (should have seen Chad and I trying to get pull ups on this flailing, kicking, screaming child last night) he then cries for a minimum of half an hour.

So that's fun.

In good Sam news, he is enjoying the summer nanny we hired, and I am also very happy with her! Sam is now counting to ten - unprompted of course. If you ask him to do it, he won't. He's also singing Wheels on the Bus and Rain, Rain, Go Away. We got a LOT of rain last week. His favorite food right now is vegetarian hot dogs. He has been working on his manners and I am very happy to say that the "give me" phase appears to be over, and he is now asking "Can I .......please?". The only negative there is that he always expects the answer to be yes since he's asking so politely. :)

Gavin continues to be super active and eats a massive amount of food. We are going through a TON of fruit lately - not complaining though! But I do end up making several trips to the store a week now to restock. His current favorite food is a three egg omelet with ham. And then he eats two pieces of toast and fruit. It's really no surprise given how active he is - we have sports events/practices at least 4 days a week, sometimes 5.

I can't believe that school is over at the end of next week! Yesterday his art folder came home. Either the kid is an artistic genius or the art teacher is amazing. Perhaps it's because I don't have a creative bone in my body, but there was some really cool stuff there! I'll take pictures and post them....you know, sometime before he graduates from high school.

He's really enjoying soccer. Baseball is fun when it involves rolling around and seeing how many grass stains he can get on his white pants. Hitting off the tee is boring though. He really enjoys track and field, we spent a very chilly morning at the Waukee stadium last weekend where he ran the 100m and did the long jump event. He got 4th place over all in his age group for the long jump. I just can't help but think back to the NICU, and all the uncertainty of his future, and be super proud of that kid. The best part is that he just is who he is, and has no idea how much he has overcome.

I'm horrible at remembering to give out school pictures. They had spring ones taken and they turned out so great! Please remind me to give you one.

Coming up,we are looking forward to my cousin Krista and her family coming to stay with us Memorial Day weekend! Bring on the crazy!

No comments: