Friday, May 4, 2012

"I Wish I Could See Her One More Time"

Last night Great-Grandma (Bridie's grandmother), Lois passed away. It was very unexpected. She loved her great-grandchildren so, so much.



I came home so as not to bother my aisle mates with spontaneous crying all day. I tried to work from home, but mostly stressed about what to tell Gavin. His anxiety levels are high anyway, and I had no idea how he would react, or how it would affect him, or whether he would start stressing about me and Chad and other loved ones dying.


Children have an amazing ability to break emotions down to the purest sentiment. He burst into tears immediately, I have never seen him cry so hard. I hadn't been entirely sure if he would really get it, but as soon as he pulled it together enough to talk, I realized just how well he "got it".


"I'm never going to see her again"
"I'm so very sad"
"She'll never be at Grandma Janet's house again"
"I wish I could see her one more time"

Me too, Gavie, me too. Now off to pick up Sam and field the kinds of tough questions that only a 3 yr old can ask.

No comments: