Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kindergarten Graduation!

Monday was the last day of school and I met Gavin for the school BBQ at lunch. When I arrived in his classroom the kids were at recess and in the quiet room, contemplating this milestone I couldn't help but think of this.

The day that picture was taken, we didn't know what the future held for our tiny guy who, at the time of the picture, had slipped under two pounds in weight. Was he getting enough oxygen for his brain to develop properly? Too much? What about the brain bleeds?

Well, we got really lucky, really really lucky and before I knew it I was dropping my baby off for his first day of school. And this is the image I remember so clearly on that day.

Sometime during the year that apprehensive little boy turned into a confident, secure kid. I would drop him off and he would sling that backpack over his shoulder and walk in without hesitation.

And now my boy has graduated! Gavin we are so proud of everything you have accomplished this year. We were so lucky to have an AMAZING teacher (thank you Mrs. Paulson!), but Gavin put in a lot of hard work to achieve everything that he has. Check back for more pics of his big day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gavin has always been a striver! What determination! His parents support has contributed a great deal to his development. You all deserve credit, even Sam, who has made it easy to be a big brother! Gamma Jamma

NovelTeaMommy said...

Way to go Gavin! I think someone's shaping up to take after his mommy ; )