Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ohhhh....they DO look alike!

I can't tell you how many times I hear "they don't even look related", "I can't believe how light his hair is", "Who does he look like anyway???". Which, to be honest makes me a little mad - like what are you implying? I recently had this conversation with a friend of mine who's two boys look very different. Yes, we are very aware of how different our kids look. We see them every day. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Well, at the end of this blog page is a slide show, and this picture of Gavin caught my eye and I did a double take b/c for a second I thought it was Sam - but I knew I didn't have a picture of Sam like this - nor have I updated the slide show since way before Sam came along. I wish I had a picture of Sam that was similar, but this is the closest I could find as far as facial expression. They don't look so different when we cover up Gavin's dark hair - now do they?



3 comments:

NovelTeaMommy said...

So funny how certain features stick out to people as recognizable; we (as a population) can't seem to see the whole picture. Love how they arch the eyebrows the same way : )

Anonymous said...

No one's implying anything. It is just amazing what genes can do! Gary & Marcia vs Dale & I.....not much similarity in those duo sets!

Unknown said...

I wasn't aiming that comment at family - I still marvel at Sam's coloring. It's the nosy work acquaintances, random people that say it with that look. What if they did have different dads? What if Sam were adopted? It's none of people's business and some people just don't think before they talk.