Monday, April 4, 2011

Life with Gross Boys

Well, the boys all survived mommy being gone for 4 days/3 nights, and things seem to have returned to normal once again in the Sellers household.

Gavin played his first soccer game of the spring outdoor season on Saturday. I think the indoor season really helped build his ball control skills and after getting accustomed to playing together as a team, they had a really great game. Gavin played hard and was able to score some great goals. It's so fun to watch him on the field.

Sunday was a gorgeous day in Iowa! Chad said he heard somewhere that the temp reached 83 degrees....but this is uncorroborated. The kids spent most of the day outside - in the morning in our backyard attemtping to fly a (really crappy) kite, playing frisbee and baseball. Then it was off to my mom's for a lunch prepared on the grill, and more baseball, golf, soccer, and football games in the backyard. Sam helped her garden and dragged the shovel all over the backyard (pictures to come!).

Sam is such a character, and I can't believe the things he comes up with. Here is an example of the latest wackiness.....and an example of the potty humor that is prevailing in my house full of boys these days.

The morning I left for my trip, the cat threw up on the floor. Although not good for the carpet, or Chad who had to clean it up, it actually was good for getting me out the door because Sam was so mesmerized, he barely said good-bye to me. Saturday night "Uncle Zach" was over, and all of a sudden Sam started running to that spot on the carpet, pretended to scoop something up and then pretended to smear it all over Zach's feet. And then he would laugh hysterically and tell him he was covered in "cat poop". This went on for at least ten minutes.

Sigh. He also likes to run up to people, do an over the top pelvic thrust at them and yell "Tooooot!" And then laugh hysterically and say "I tooted you!"

Double sigh And Gavin's latest trick is making inappropriate sounds with his armpit.

I suspect it's only going to get worse before it gets better......I may need to schedule some regular girly time spa visits, except I'm not really into that sort of thing!

1 comment:

NovelTeaMommy said...

You love it, you know it ; )
Perhaps for your girl time you can go shoe shopping :)