Thursday, April 28, 2011

Take My Breath Away

You know how sometimes things just happen at the right place and time and you know it's time to act?

I've seen on a couple fellow preemie/loss mom blogs this artist that writes children's names in the sand on the Australian beach as a memorial. Carly Marie Dudley started doing this in 2008 after her son was stillborn. Her site is beautiful, poignant, and her compassion is truly amazing.

Every once in a while she opens up a request page. I was reading a blog, reminded of her site and went and checked it yesterday. Lo and behold her request page was opening up last night! I knew it was karma.

I set a reminder on my phone and was online right at 8 pm last night to make my requests. Not only did I request Ella's name, but also requested for my good friend Becky who recently lost her daughter Olivia Ann at 18 weeks.

I hopped on the site today to see where we were on the wait list. I was totally unprepared to see her name in print. It felt like someone just sucked all the air out of the room. What a wonderful validation that she was here. I know I have a box of things from the hospital as validation....but I've never had the strength to go through them.

Here's a link to the site and the wait list (scroll down to see the names). I can't wait to show you the final image! And don't hesitate to donate to her cause if you feel so inclined, I'll be making one when we purchase the image.

No comments: