Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's 2010! I remember not too long ago thinking the year 2020 sounded SO far away. Now it feels like it will be here in the blink of an eye. I don't like it. Don't like it at all.

We ushered in the New Year with no elaborate plans. I happened upon rack of lamb at Costco and made lamb chops (my first time, and I "frenched" (butchered) them myself no less), creamed spinach, salad and cholocate mousse. And bought a bottle of Champagne. Even Gavin ate the lamb!

2009 was a great year, and I really feel like we're starting 2010 off on the right foot:

Gavin's behavior has been "super best" as he says. Since last Friday we have only had one small tantrum. I don't even know how to describe the difference, but we're all feeling less stress because of it. He's not throwing fits, he's doing what's asked of him, it's amazing. He's been SO good getting ready in the mornings. And he's been eating so well! No more special Gavin meals, he's been eating what I cook. He ate vegetarian shepherd's pie the other night. Now he didn't love it, and it took me feeding him half of it to get it down, but he ate it. He's also been sticking to just water after we brush his teeth, and has been taking a water bottle with his sack lunch. Way to go Gavin (NOT "Gav"!) keep up the good work! As I think he's old enough to start earning an allowance, he's been earning change every day for his good behavior.

Sam is sleeping in his crib (for now). I'm determined to sleep in my own bed this year! I'm going to start giving his bed time bottle in his room and putting him in his crib so he gets used to falling asleep in there. I'm also not giving him any more middle of the night bottles, just rock him back to sleep in his room. He's got to sleep through the night eventually.....right?

Happy 2010! I can't wait to see what this year will bring, but wish it would just start moving a little slower!

No comments: