Sunday, August 23, 2009

Meet The Teacher

Gavin went to school to meet his teacher Friday afternoon. It was a ZOO! But it was definitely worth it. He was pretty apprehensive at first, but as soon as we told the teacher (Mrs. Paulson) his name, she knew right away that it was going to be his birthday on Thursday! He's pretty excited to bring treats. Also, he already knows three boys in his class! One from TLC, one from KTC, and one from Little Ninjas.

As he was checking out the room, one thing he asked me was "Where are the cots?"

No nap time! Now, he rarely naps on the weekends anymore, but he was notorious for sleeping on the bus to and from field trips or when the room was dark for movie time. Hopefully this will mean an earlier bed time!

He wants both Chad and I dropping him off tomorrow, I can't believe my baby is going to school! I don't think he realizes it's not just fun and play time all day.

I'm nervous for embarking on this new phase. School was always so easy for me, I wanted to learn, I enjoyed it, and even though my mom instilled in me that school was important, I intrinsically wanted to do well. I hope it comes as naturally for Gavin. I hope the kids are nice. I feel my ability to shelter and protect him starting to slip away and I hate it.

No comments: